If you have been driving around in San Antonio, then odds are you’ve noticed some billboards advertising companies that buy houses.
Quite often they say things like “We Buy San Antonio Houses!” or “Cash For Your House”.
Are These “We Buy Houses in San Antonio Companies” Credible?
How can I know if the local house buying businesses out there are credible and honest?
Well… sometimes they all look exactly the same at the beginning… but below we’ll walk you through a few things to look for in a local house buying company before you ought to work together.
Buying and selling homes is a legitimate and respectable profession which may help communities and house sellers in many ways. But just as with any other line of work — a minority of house buyers in almost any market are people who make the rest of us look bad.
There are those who are very great, ethical people who improve their neighborhoods one property at a time.
And then there’s shady, dishonest people who put money ahead of the well being of their clients and who’d sign the contract to sell their own grandmother with one hand while stabbing you in the back with the other — provided they were making enough money.
Yes, they are out there.
We will help you steer clear of those “shady property buyers” so you can work with fair, ethical, and reputable local companies who will buy your home for a fair all-cash offer and close on your schedule.
But let’s not focus on the negative — at least not yet.
First, let’s cover just what the best house-flippers do.
What Reputable San Antonio House Buyers Are Doing
- Helping people improve their lives by obtaining the money they need right now. People often need the money in their house to cover unexpected medical expenses, or to relocate to be close to a relative. We can make that happen in just a few days, and we provide peace of mind.
- Helping sellers eliminate a burdensome property without the hassle of needing to list it using a broker and wait for months and months for a sale.
- Creating local jobs. We hire plumbers, contractors, electricians, brokers, title reps, loan officers, administrators and many other people along the way. The average real estate transaction involves 86 individuals from start to finish. Our investments help create real jobs for people around San Antonio Texas.
- Buying US products. We spend tons of money on materials which are made right here in the USA — which creates jobs in our lumber mills, factories, supply shops, distribution facilities and more. The US economy depends on steady improvement, and that requires investment from people like us.
- Increasing the value of San Antonio neighborhoods. When we improve a home, we’re helping to increase the value of the whole community. We frequently fix abandoned and neglected houses, turning them into beautiful houses for families. That action strengthens San Antonio.
- Increasing the tax base. Every time a new buyer takes over one of our properties, they will pay a higher tax rate based on the new and improved value. Those taxes go to pay for our schools, fire, police, libraries, roads and other valuable pieces of infrastructure. Again, improving our neighborhoods.
Pretty cool stuff, right?
Lots of people consider house-flipping to be a get-rich-quick scheme. That’s fueled by those silly “reality” shows that build up the drama because the reality of what we actually do on a daily basis is in fact pretty boring.
The majority of our work is coordinating with lots of people to be certain things are happening on time. We have to keep up with a lot of moving parts.
So let’s get back to how you can use this information to find out if somebody is an investor that is credible, rather than just pulling a house buying scam.
How To Ensure You’re Working With A Reputable Local House Buyer
When you talk to a local house buyer to potentially buy your home… ask them some of these questions below to be certain they’re reputable, knowledgeable, and honest:
Ask open-ended questions such as:
- How do you assist your clients?
- What do you really do for people?
- Would you tell me more about your services?
- What facet of your business makes you the most proud?
- How would you describe your investment philosophy?
- How can I know you will close on my house when you say you will?
Secondly, look for telltale signs of tactics that those few shady operators have a tendency to use.
- “Kitchen table closings” – If a house buyer attempts to get you to sign the deed (ownership) of your home over to them at your residence, rather than a professional location like a closing attorney or title company… be leery. Most trustworthy house buying services will perform the actual closing of the sale at a neutral 3rd party location… like a title company. This ensures everything is done correctly and on the up and up.
- Pressuring you into a fast closing – If a home buyer tries to pressure you into selling your house and states you have to make the decision today, be leery. Most trustworthy house buying services will make you an offer and that offer will be on the table for at least 2-7 days (minimum) for you to make a decision. The reason reputable house buying services such as ours at [business] do set deadlines on our offers is because the market changes and values can change week to week depending on other sales in the area, also… we buy multiple houses a month and when we make you an offer we’re assuring you the money to buy your house is ready and we will reserve that cash for several days so, in the event that you do want to sell your house, we can close on your own schedule. Should you feel that the offer isn’t a fit for you, then we will assign these funds to assist another seller with their home sale.
Most scammers are searching for a fast score, and not an in-depth interview.
Chances are good they’ll find excuses to get off the phone and move on to someone who does not ask too many questions.
True investors who operate honest and ethical San Antonio house buying services are building long-term businesses based on relationships and community development.
So when you’re looking at one of those “we buy houses in San Antonio companies “… never hesitate to ask questions!
Give us a call anytime at 210-807-6567 or
fill out the form on this website today! >>